Last night I fell asleep at 7pm on the couch. This is the first time in a long time that sleep found me before midnight and it felt great to get a full night of sleep. I woke up early along side the man I love, and we spent the morning lightheartedly laughing and playing with our animals while getting ready to travel down to Holly for our Thanksgiving feast. Right now, I'm riding shotgun along side my favorite dude.
"This is my jam!" shoots out of Don's mouth when Here Comes Santa Claus starts to play over the radio and we both laugh (but quickly change the channel).
I've been working on some bookkeeping tasks during the drive, so our conversation has been minimal, but that's okay because the Lions pregame talk radio is keeping Don entertained. I decided to take a break from numbers to reflect on the thoughts that are swirling around in my head during the drive.
2017 has been such a whirlwind. After quitting my very safe and comfortable marketing job back in May, I didn't know what would be in store for my life. All I knew was that I was very fortunate to be armed with enough knowledge obtained over 10 years, and I was ready to see what I could do with all that I'd learned. Fast forward to Thanksgiving Day, and I've got a lot to be thankful for, and without being to mushy or long winded, I want to make a list of those things.
- The outpouring of love, support and encouragement I've received from all of my family and friends as I step into this new venture. You all know who you are, and I don't know where I'd be without you.
- HAVING AN EMPLOYEE, who is also my friend, who I get to goof off and play cameras with all day. Thank you, E.
- All of our wonderful clients!! I can't stress this one enough. You're the reason I'm able to live my dreams, and that's a big deal to me. Every time you print the photos we took and hang them on your wall, you've welcomed our artwork into your home and that is the most satisfying feeling as an artist.
- My BNI group that continues to amaze me with their outstanding commitment to excellence.
- A safe, warm home filled with the best animals and boyfriend anyone could ever ask for.
- Wednesday morning breakfasts with my sister who also started her own business this year (#WaxwingVintage!!) where we talk about anything and everything!
- My friends Chuck and Katie welcomed BABY THEODORE who made his entrance into the world last weekend. I can't wait to get to know him and watch him grow!
- All of the traveling opportunities I've been able to experience and all the places I get to visit soon! Next week I'll be in Miami and New Orleans with my best friend Elizabeth. Then in February, Don, Ethan and I will be hitting the slopes out west with our friends Liza, Campo, Zach, and Kyle!
- A Thanksgiving Feast fit for royalty is currently being prepared by Don's family, and boy am I thankful for that!
While I have so much more to be thankful for, we're almost to our destination, so I have to cut this short. I hope all of you find yourselves in the company of people you love in front of a meal that fills your bellies to the tippy top.